Alternate-side parking begins Friday | News
Snowfall Monday might have helped Madison city officials remind residents about alternate-side parking regulations that take effect Friday.
A release from the city states the parking restrictions begin at 1 a.m. on Friday. Residents must park their cars on the odd house-numbered side of the street Thursday night.
Alternate-side parking restrictions require Madison residents to park on the odd house numbered side of the street between the hours of 1 a.m. and 7 a.m. on odd-numbered days and on the even house-numbered side of the street between the hours of 1 a.m. and 7 a.m. on even-numbered days regardless of weather conditions.
The only area where the rules are not in effect every day is the Downtown/Isthmus Snow Emergency Zone. The Snow Emergency Zone extends from Park and Proudfit streets on the south and west to Thorton Avenue and the Yahara River on the north and from Lake Mendota to Lake Monona. In this area, alternate-side parking rules are only in effect during a declared snow emergency.
Violations can result in a fine of $20 or $60 if a snow emergency is in effect.
Winter parking information is available by calling 608-261-9111 and on the city's winter website.
Upcoming Events near Madison Far West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- American Family Insurance having success being green
- Sherwin Williams opens Middleton location
- Middleton Police Department notified about US HWY 12 construction
- Walker upset porn-viewing teacher keeping license; District releases statement
- Court papers: Sleepy driver veered off road multiple times before hitting, killing biker