Zoo adds lemurs, birds, aardvark | News
The Henry Vilas Zoo is welcoming new animals, including three ring-tailed lemurs, five birds and an aardvark.
The lemurs come from Madagascar where they were threatened by the loss of forest habitat. They will take residence in the zoo?s primate building.
A red-crested cardinal, red and yellow barbets, a yellow-rumped cacique, and a red vented bul bul are all new to the zoo?s Aviary Building.
An aardvark is in the zoo?s new Animal Health Center under temporary quarantine until it?s ready to move into its permanent home. Aardvarks are nocturnal and known to burrow underground for safety and shelter.
This is the last weekend for carousel and concession operations at the zoo before they close for the season.
Upcoming Events near Madison Far West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Middleton Police Department notified about US HWY 12 construction
- Walker upset porn-viewing teacher keeping license; District releases statement
- Court papers: Sleepy driver veered off road multiple times before hitting, killing biker
- City to flush water mains, hydrants
- Advisory to run water to prevent pipe freezes canceled