Big 8 Football Thursday: Memorial, La Follette, Sun Prairie improve to 4-0 | News
There is a three-way tie in the Big 8 football conference.
Madison Memorial, Madison La Follette and Sun Prairie all won Thursday night to improve to 4-0.
The Spartans beat the Regents 28-20 in our Prep Mania game of the week at Mansfield. Memorial took a 28 to 7 fourth-quarter lead when Brandon Toman connected with KD Sims for the 17-yard touchdown. It was the second scoring play for the duo.
But the Regents scored 14 quick points, including Terrel McFadden's touchdown pass to Malik Clements. West missed the point after, so the Memorial lead was 28-20.
West got several chances, but the Spartans survived late.
Madison La Follette jumped out to a 21-0 lead on Verona and never looked back, beating the Wildcats 28-14 Thursday at Lussier Stadium. Andre Saunders had a big 90 yard touchdown run in the first half.
The Lancers are now 4-0. They travel to Sun Prairie next Friday. The Cardinals beat Janesville Craig 28-20 Thursday night.
In other Big 8 scores, Janesville Parker held off a late Beloit Memorial rally, winning 28-22, while Middleton topped Madison East 37-6.
Upcoming Events near Madison Far West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Middleton Police Department notified about US HWY 12 construction
- Walker upset porn-viewing teacher keeping license; District releases statement
- Court papers: Sleepy driver veered off road multiple times before hitting, killing biker
- City to flush water mains, hydrants
- Advisory to run water to prevent pipe freezes canceled