City hosting free document-shredding event | News
Madison residents can bring documents to be shredded to a free event at Warner Park, according to a release.
The city of Madison and Pellitteri Document Destruction will be hosting the event from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Saturday.
Officials said the event is for city of Madison residents only and there?s a limit of three boxes or plastic bags of documents per vehicle.
Residents should enter Warner Park from North Sherman Avenue, according to the release. There will be markers directing vehicles to the collection point and staff will be on hand to empty boxes and bags.
?We are pleased to be able to offer this service for Madison residents,? Madison recycling coordinator George Dreckmann said in the release. ?Everyone has some documents that need shredding and thanks to Pellitteri, we will be able to help.?
The shredded paper will be recycled after the event, Dreckmann said. In addition to paper, residents can also recycle DVDs, CDs and plastic jewel box cases at the event. The additional items must be kept separate from paper.
?We cannot accept video tapes, floppy discs, computers tapes or cassettes,? Dreckmann said.
Upcoming Events near Madison Far West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- American Family Insurance having success being green
- Sherwin Williams opens Middleton location
- Middleton Police Department notified about US HWY 12 construction
- Walker upset porn-viewing teacher keeping license; District releases statement
- Court papers: Sleepy driver veered off road multiple times before hitting, killing biker