Edgewood gets million dollar donation for nurses | News
The Edgewood College School of Nursing showed off newly finished renovations thanks to a $1 million donation from a local health group.
The southern Wisconsin branch of the Group Health Cooperative (GHC) donated the money. It helped renovate classrooms and offices. It also helped renovate state-of-the-art simulation rooms complete with reactive dummies and two-way mirrors to give students a hands on experience.
Margaret Norveil, Dean of the School of Nursing said the money gives nursing students a permanent home on campus.
"In the past the nursing faculty has been spread out among five different buildings," Norevil said. "Now that we have this space, which GHC has become an important part for that space, it's really helped us build community."
The college has one of the state's oldest nursing programs. On average, only half the number of applicants are accepted each year.�
Upcoming Events near Madison Far West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- American Family Insurance having success being green
- Sherwin Williams opens Middleton location
- Middleton Police Department notified about US HWY 12 construction
- Walker upset porn-viewing teacher keeping license; District releases statement
- Court papers: Sleepy driver veered off road multiple times before hitting, killing biker