Library celebrates Harry Potter anniversary with party | Events
To celebrate the 15th anniversary of J.K. Rowling’s “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” a Madison library held a party Tuesday at the Orchard Ridge Elementary School cafeteria.
Meadowridge Library was one of 15 public libraries chosen nationwide by Scholastic as winners in the Harry Potter Public Librarian Contest, according to a release.
Librarians across the country submitted ideas for Harry Potter-themed parties designed to introduce a new generation of readers to the wizarding world, according to the release. Submissions were judged on creativity, originality and promotional plans.
The Meadowridge Library party had crafts, games, animation demonstrations, live animals and a Muggle version of Quidditch, according to the release. The library also gave away copies of the newly illustrated book.
Winning libraries received 100 copies of the new edition “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone,” a Kibuishi signed paperback boxed set, $100 gift card and Harry Potter event kit from Scholastic, officials said.
Upcoming Events near Madison Far West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Middleton Police Department notified about US HWY 12 construction
- Walker upset porn-viewing teacher keeping license; District releases statement
- Court papers: Sleepy driver veered off road multiple times before hitting, killing biker
- City to flush water mains, hydrants
- Advisory to run water to prevent pipe freezes canceled