Far West Madison Neighbors Fall Victim To Identity Theft | Crime
A 35-year-old Madison man said he is the victim of identity theft after someone used his Social Security number and driver's license to apply for numerous credit cards in the Chicago area.
Madison police said the victim, who lives in Country Grove Neighborhood on the city's far west side, had about $16,000 in charges in his name at Menards and Best Buy stores before accounts were shut down.
A victim's neighbor reported a similar story last month, police said. They said that victim had more than $11,000 worth of merchandise bought in his name from stores including Menards, Target and Walmart.
It is not known how the two Madison men came to be targeted, police said.
Anyone with information about the identity thefts is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.
Upcoming Events near Madison Far West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- American Family Insurance having success being green
- Sherwin Williams opens Middleton location
- Middleton Police Department notified about US HWY 12 construction
- Walker upset porn-viewing teacher keeping license; District releases statement
- Court papers: Sleepy driver veered off road multiple times before hitting, killing biker