Attack Of Girl In Allied Drive Caught On Video, Police Say | Crime
Two 13-year-old girls faces charges after a 12-year-old Madison girl was attacked after getting off a Madison Metro bus on Allied Drive on Monday afternoon, according to the Madison Police Department.
Police said that one of the 13-year-old girls attacked the victim because she said she had called her a name. A second 13-year-old filmed the attack on her cellphone and even directed the girl to chase the victim and stop her from getting away, police said.
A witness later told an officer that the 13-year-old frequently picks on other children riding the bus.
When the girls got off, the victim was pushed to the ground and struck multiple times in the head.
Police said the video shows the girl laughing as she hits the victim. When the girl got up, the video shows the suspect sprinting after the victim and striking her in the head again.
At no time did the 12-year old try to fight back, police said.
One 13-year-old girl faces a charge of the battery and the other faces a party to the crime charge, police said. Both were taken to the Juvenile Reception Center, police said.
Upcoming Events near Madison Far West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Author will discuss novel, sign books Thursday
- Middleton police look for vehicle that caused injury crash
- Meeting to discuss possible path between Pheasant Branch, Graber Pond
- Mustard Day returns with tastings, free hot dogs, Mustard Custard
- No traffic through Branch St. at Maywood Ave. intersection Wednesday