Woman found passed out behind the wheel, police say | Crime
A Madison woman is suspected of drunken driving after police said she was found passed out behind the wheel on the west side.
The Madison Police Department said offiers responded to a report of a car-versus-tree accident at Waltham Park Sunday morning.
Officers found a car about 60 feet from the roadway under some tree branches at 2:48 a.m., according to the report. The car had stopped beneath the tree but hadn't hit it.
The car was running and in drive. Police said Sonia L. Montero, 32, was sleeping behind the wheel. She was cited on suspicion of third-offense operating while intoxicated.
Montero registered a .25 in a breath alcohol test, according to the report.
Upcoming Events near Madison Far West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 04/26/2014 - Ribbon Cutting & Grand Opening - Sherwin Williams
- Middleton Police Department notified about US HWY 12 construction
- Walker upset porn-viewing teacher keeping license; District releases statement
- Court papers: Sleepy driver veered off road multiple times before hitting, killing biker
- City to flush water mains, hydrants